Wild camping is the art of being self-reliant for overnight expeditions into the mountains.
- Mountain Rangers will learn…
- The relevant legislation regarding rights of way and access and the significance of access agreements and codes
- About land management in upland areas and its multiple uses, g. hill farming, forestry, water collection, grouse shooting and deer stalking.
- Of current relevant conservation legislation and appreciate the problems of conservation with respect to flora, fauna and fawner. They will also come to understand the nature of specially designated areas and any limitations on their use and be aware of long term effects of human pressures on the upland environment.
- How to get information about access to wild country g. from appropriate guidebooks, maps, countryside agencies, relevant mountaineering bodies and websites.
- To be familiar with relevant codes in the countryside and understand the individual’s responsibility to minimise impact on the environment.